- Administratively responsible for all facets of employee relations; employee time-keeping; budget preparation; and reporting on the functioning of the department to the Hospital Administrator.
- Supervises the Social Service staff, providing required coordination of daily scheduled activities.
- Participates in resident assessment-provide background information and social history, as identified in the MDS 2.0 process, in accordance with the RAI manual
- Interview resident/family member as necessary and in a private setting to obtain necessary information, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Provides information to resident/family members as to Medicare, Medicaid and other financial assistance programs available to the resident
- Involves the resident and family member in planning objectives and goals for the resident
- Participates in regularly scheduled reviews of resident discharge planning
- Assists in providing in-service education and orientation for employees regarding Resident Rights and social service needs of the residents
- Encourages socialization within the facility to provide a healthy life enrichment for each resident
Plans, directs, and coordinates appropriate discharge to ensure a safe transition to home or lower care needed setting
- Coordinates with Resident and Family choices of outside services to make a home transition smooth such as, DME, Home Health, or Hospice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (or related field).
- One to Two years’ experience in social services, preferably in long-term care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Strong organizational skills.