- Prepares and serves nourishing and attractive meals and other foods as required to support the menu specific to diet orders and other facility events.
- Reviews food menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared.
- Prepares meals according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost in quality with a minimum of waste.
- Reviews menus to identify all foods required for therapeutic diets before preparing food.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Some post-high school training in cooking and culinary skills is desirable.
- At least one year of cooking experience, preferably in a health care setting.