Excellence in Care. For an Excellent Return Home.
At Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital, you CAN expect the best possible outcome. Our goal for each of our patients is that they succeed through treatment and return home with the feeling that THEY CAN return to an independent and fulfilling life.
Our commitment – to our patients, to our staff and to the continued improvement of our programs, facilities, technologies and treatment – has resulted in Lake Taylor’s emergence as one of the top transitional care hospitals in the Southeast.
“Lake Taylor is a place where we not only take care of adults, we take care of children. This is a unique place in the services it offers. ”
Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital Mission Statement
As a state-licensed facility, empowered by a 125-year heritage of serving the citizens of Norfolk and Hampton Roads, Lake Taylor provides a continuum of patient care ranging from long-term acute care hospital services to skilled and intermediate nursing care.
Our hospital’s staff and volunteers are committed to:
- Delivering high-quality health care services
- Care provided in a manner which respects the dignity of our patients, residents and their families
- Implementation of the most efficient means of delivering all health services
- Cooperation with other local organizations, agencies and institutions
- Assuring that future generations will benefit from high medical standards
- Sharing information, facilitating training and encouraging ongoing research
A Successful Not-For-Profit Center
Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is a not-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Commissioners appointed by Norfolk City Council. We are proud of our service and close ties to the community.