Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Nurse Manager, for this Skilled Nursing Unit, manages and is responsible for his/her Unit on a 24 hour basis.
- Evaluates job performance, resolves employees issues, and administers discipline when necessary for all employees of his/her assigned units.
- Responsible for the quality of work, the productivity of the group, the morale of the group, the expense for the area, and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The Nurse Manager will be expected to provide hands on patient care on his/her units to participate in QI activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- License to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Five years of staff experience, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital seeks a bright, enthusiastic, hospitality-minded person to direct our 192 bed long term care / skilled nursing program.
The Director of Nursing (“DON”) is responsible for effective overall management of the skilled nursing and long term care units, and coordination with other disciplines to provide quality care to all patients/residents.
She/he supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the nursing department and participates in the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality care to all patients/residents.
She/he also monitors the outcomes of nursing service activity by evaluating the performance of nursing staff, ensuring compliance with all facility and regulatory agency standards, policies and procedures, coordinating facility committees and monitoring the effective and efficient use of budgeted resources (personnel, supplies, equipment).
- Current VA RN licensure
- BSN / MSN degree preferred.
- Three to five years progressive management experience in a long-term, sub-acute or post-acute care setting preferred.
- Superior customer service aptitude and approach.
Top Salary with Sign-on Bonus!
- 12-hour shifts (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM)
- Minimum 1-year nursing experience required.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Sign-on bonuses!! (for RN’s & LPN’s)
Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is looking for exceptional nurses to join its team! The RN Charge Nurse will supervise the clinical team of CNAs, RNs, and LPNs while assisting in the development and implementation of patient care plans and interdisciplinary team reports. The Charge Nurse will assist the clinical nurse team in identifying goals and approaches to patient centered care and help lead the acute care unit toward a goal of nursing excellence.
Expand your experience and use your skills!
Education : Associates or 2-year college degree. BSN preferred.
- Vent care.
- Hemo dialysis
- Medically complex patients
- Complex wound care
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and foster a team philosophy.
- Ability to lead a team!
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, patients, families, and medical care providers.
License : Current (unencumbered) license issued by the Virginia Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Job Type: Full-time
- Performs a variety of non-clinical and ancillary services.
- Clerical support and related unit support functions.
- Facilitating effective communication with inter/intradepartmental personnel to maintain an efficient, and organized nursing station.
- Writing and printing skills are legible.
- Experience in medical terminology, and proficient in computers and typing.
- Assist in maintaining medical record accuracy and integrity.
- Able to perform general receptionist duties.
- Monday through Friday schedule.
- 7:00AM – 3:30PM and 1:30PM – 10:00PM (two positions available)
- Thorough and working knowledge of medical terminology.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in hospital (acute care) or pharmacy setting.
The Social Worker is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating, the Social Service needs of patients/residents, and ensuring all services are in accordance with current existing Federal, State and local standards as well as our established policies and procedures. Will meet or exceed these requirements to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of patients and/or residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
Function: Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with intra-department personnel, other departments within the facility and outside community health, welfare and social agencies to ensure that social service programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients/residents. Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations as well as professional standards.
- Ideal candidate must be a skilled communicator.
- Able to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively.
- Minimum of two years social services experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility.
- Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work (or related field) from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Dietary aides perform a variety of tasks in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to patients/residents and other special events.
- Responsible for set-up, breakdown, and sanitation of food and non-food items for patient meal services.
- Following sanitary procedures for proper handing and storage of china, glassware, silverware, trays and other equipment.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working in a food service department or a kitchen is preferred.
- 4PM – 8PM (4-5 shifts per week)
- Must be available weekends.
- Food Handlers card required (must have, or obtain within the first 30-days of employment!)
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours