Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
Manages the operation of the Social Services Department. Provides psychosocial support to residents and their families.
- Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university, with a degree in Social Work.
- At least two years of hospital level social work is required.
- Performs general management functions such as disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Ensures that residents receive psychosocial assessments at admission, upon condition change and/or annually.
- Directs and guides staff in conducting assessments and interventions.
- Creates, reviews and updates care plan and progress notes.
- Provides direct psychosocial intervention.
- Assists resident’s families in coping with skilled nursing placement, physical illness and disabilities of the resident, and the grieving process.
- Works with the patient, family and other team members to outline goals of stay at admission, the plan to meet those goals and discharge as appropriate.
- Conducts in-service programs to educate staff regarding psychosocial issues and patient rights.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Conduct, its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of psychosocial practices applicable to a hospital environment.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- 12-hour shifts (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM)
- Minimum 1-year nursing experience required.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Sign-on bonuses!!
Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is looking for exceptional nurses to join its team! The RN Charge Nurse will supervise the clinical team of CNAs, RNs, and LPNs while assisting in the development and implementation of patient care plans and interdisciplinary team reports. The Charge Nurse will assist the clinical nurse team in identifying goals and approaches to patient centered care and help lead the acute care unit toward a goal of nursing excellence.
Expand your experience and use your skills!
Education : Associates or 2-year college degree. BSN preferred.
- Vent care.
- Hemo dialysis
- Medically complex patients
- Complex wound care
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and foster a team philosophy.
- Ability to lead a team!
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, patients, families, and medical care providers.
License : Current (unencumbered) license issued by the Virginia Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Job Type: Full-time
- LPN with current VA nursing license in good standing.
- Recent experience as a wound care nurse in a healthcare environment
- Excellent assessment and clinical skills
- Should be familiar with wound care procedures including assessments, measurements, treatment protocols, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with the nursing team
- Should be able to communicate wound progress to the Charge Nurse and attending physician as needed
- Solid work history
- Current VA LPN license required
- Previous experience required
- Current BCLS certification
- Minimum 1-2 years acute care or Skilled Nursing care experience
- 2 years Advanced Wound Care nursing experience.
- Wound Care certification preferred.
- Oversees dietary staff in preparation and service of meals.
- Supervision/instruction in adherence to sanitation standards and safety.
- Process computer diet orders and menus.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Full-time (40hrs/wk)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Min. 1 year experience in food service management.
- Good communication skills and excellent customer relation skills.
- Certified Dietary Manager preferred.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours