Lake Taylor Foundation
Each quarter, the Lake Taylor Foundation’s Board of Directors meets to discuss our important work in the community and how best to promote and deliver the finest patient care. Because we receive no subsidy from the City of Norfolk or surrounding regional cities, we must reach out directly to the community to continue our unique health care missions.
“When Advanced Technology Meets Compassionate Care: Lake Taylor’s LTAC Hospital and The Passy-Muir Valve”
Created in 2005 supporting the Hospital, The Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital Foundation was established as a “supporting organization” to facilitate and promote charitable investment in support of the Hospital.
The 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization is governed by a board made up of business, civic and medical leaders from throughout the region appointed by the Hospital’s Board of Commissioners. Through the steady stewardship of the dollars contributed by the Hospital and charitable investments received from patients, families, businesses and individuals, we are able to continue to support the Hospital in ways to enhance the patient’s experience.
Through the work of the Foundation, we have been able to complete the following improvements and look forward to a successful future:
- Patient room furnishings
- Rehabilitation gym equipment
- Ventilator equipment
- Courtyard renovations
- iPad and technology purchases
Other items supported:
- Wheelchair Rehab
- Electronic Door Openers
- Children’s Playground Renovation
- Children’s Physical Therapy Sensory Stimulation “Play Room”
- Wheel Chair recliner for Dental Clinic and Hair Salon
- Dental Clinic Equipment
- Automated Wheelchair Washing Machine
- Respiratory equipment in the Children’s Unit Cribs and specialized beds the Children’s Unit
Board of Directors
Anita O. Poston — Vice Chair
Deborah B. Bauman — Secretary
Caroline S. Oliver, CFA, CFP® — Treasurer
Calvin A. Durham, D. Min.
Thomas “Tommy” Graves III
Willette LeHew, M.D.
Brad N. Robinson, D.C.
Kimberly Adams Tufts, DNP, FAAN
Claude A. Smith, M.D. — Chairman Emeritus
Make a Donation
We invite you to join the Foundation to ensure that the needs of our patients are met efficiently and effectively. Your charitable donation will:
- Provide access to much-needed care to those who may not receive it otherwise
- Help fund the advanced technology and equipment that build strength, health and improved quality of life
- Ensure the ongoing training, education and commitment to all services provided now, and for future generations
Ways to Give
Memorial/Honor Gifts – pay tribute to a loved one who has benefitted from care at Lake Taylor.
Annual Fund Gifts – Establish a yearly, tax-deductible recurring donation for long-term.
Planned Gifts and Estate Planning – Build a lasting legacy with deferred gifts that maximize the beneficial impact to Lake Taylor and may also provide you with important tax benefits.