- This position collaborates with the nursing and medical staff in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating wound care.
- Routinely provides specialized nursing care and education to residents requiring wound care.
- Monitors the wound care provided by nursing staff for adequacy and appropriateness.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Performs resident assessments.
- Administers medications, treatments, therapies and assists physicians with examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of professional nursing.
- Ability to communicate and relate to residents with communication deficits in a therapeutic manner.
- Knowledge of Pharmacology.
- Possess leadership abilities.
- A thorough working knowledge of wound care, assessment planning, implementation and evaluation.
- A current license to practice as a LPN in the Commonwealth of VA.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of one year in direct wound care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Training and Experience Requirements