The Billing Representative is responsible for the billing and follow-up of government and third party insurance claims. Performs timely billing and follow-up of claims to ensure continuous cash-in-flows according to departmental guidelines. Duties to also extend to the billing and collection of co-insurance plus effecting necessary adjustments to ensure a correct patient status. All communications will be conducted in a manner consistent with positive patient and customer relations.
- Responsible for billing government and third party insurance claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains files consistent with departmental policy.
- Identifies and resolves issues with patients and insurance companies to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement.
- Follows up past due primary insurance and co-insurance issues.
- Ensures positive communication with other departments, staff and management.
- Reviews and communicates to management any and all changes in billing process and procedures that will have an impact upon organization revenue and reimbursement.
- Prepares necessary files and documents as appropriate.
EDUCATION: High school graduate required. Some post-secondary training in general business required.
EXPERIENCE: More than one year billing experience is required. Specific hospital/nursing home environment is preferred.