Works under the supervision of the Health Information ManagementDirector. A professional, employed in the Health Information Management Department who is responsible for filing and general clerical duties. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the organization of the Central File Room.
- Responsible for retrieving & filing of patients’ records within the HIM Department and nursing units.
- Retrieve and reconcile medical records from ancillary departments and nursing units.
- Prep medical records for microfilming.
- Verify microfilmed records for accuracy.
- Prepare release of information requests following HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain the Master Patient Register.
- Perform general secretarial duties.
EDUCATION: High school graduate required.
EXPERIENCE: One year in a Health Information Department is preferred.