The Social Worker is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating, the Social Service needs of patients/residents, and ensuring all services are in accordance with current existing Federal, State and local standards as well as our established policies and procedures. Will meet or exceed these requirements to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of patients and/or residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
Function: Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with intra-department personnel, other departments within the facility and outside community health, welfare and social agencies to ensure that social service programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients/residents. Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations as well as professional standards.
* Ideal candidate must be a skilled communicator.
* Able to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively.
* Minimum of two years social services experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility.
* Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required.
* Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited institution of higher learning.
LTTCH promotes a drug free workplace through its “Drug, Alcohol and Other Prohibited Items: policy. Applicants, employees and other covered persons are subject to the provisions of this policy, including drug testing as a pre-employment requirement.