- Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Head Nurse manages and is responsible for his/her Unit on a 24 hour basis.
- For the staff under the direction of the Head Nurse he/she evaluates their performance, resolves employee complaints and administers discipline when necessary.
- Additionally, for the group that he/she supervises, the Head Nurse is responsible for the quality of work, the productivity of the group, the morale of the work group, the expense for the area, the working relationship with physicians, and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The Head Nurse will be expected to provide hands-on patient/resident care on his/her unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday
- SIGN ON BONUS $6000
EDUCATION: Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
LICENSURE: License to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of staff experience, with at least two years of supervisory experience.