Work performed on site
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year experience transcribing physician med/surg dictation in an acute care setting and 1 year related experience in Health Information Management, and/or successful completion of a Medical Transcription program.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent transcription skills. Able to work independently; good time-management skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills; solid PC skills; able to problem solve some common computer and telecommunication problems. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, sign and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values. Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Perform transcription/editing of all dictated reports, whether randomly or specifically assigned.
- Consistently meet specified turnaround requirements and maintain production levels consistent with skill level and past performance.
- Properly identifies/flags dictation issues to designated person to address.
- Assures all reports are transcribed accurately by utilizing reference material appropriately.
- Provide appropriate customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist other Transcriptionists with difficult dictations.
- Ensure confidentiality of medical record information according to Federal/State laws.
- Coordinate with other HIS staff on status of dictated reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. required
- Transcription course completion or course work to include anatomy and physiology and medical transcription preferred.