- Secures required signatures on documents; explains hospital regulations and policies; verifies insurance coverage; provides the Medical Record’s office with all necessary paperwork; and obtains a Medical Records Number.
- Verifies receipt of required paperwork, and arranges for the receipt of missing paperwork. Types and distributes care plan for newly admitted Nursing Facility residents.
- Secures the department director’s signature on all appropriate financial documents.
- Prepares and distributes an admissions packet to all appropriate parties within the hospital.
- Provides information concerning facility services via telephone, mailing of literature, and Hospital tours to prospective patients, and/or representatives, as required.
High School graduate.
Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance payor sources.
Exceptional communications and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills required.