Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
Case Management services are generally focused on members who fall into one or more high risk or high cost groups and require significant clinical judgment, independent analysis, critical-thinking, detailed knowledge of departmental procedures, clinical guidelines, community resources, contracting and community standards of care. Case Management includes assessment, coordination, planning, monitoring and evaluation of multiple environments. Must be licensed RN/LPN in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
1. Coordinates the integration of social services/case management functions into the patient care, discharge and home planning processes with other departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities.
2. Conducts concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria as approved by medical staff.
3. Promotes effective and efficient utilization of clinical resources and mobilizes resources to assist in achieving desired clinical outcomes within specific time frame.
4. Conducts review for appropriate utilization of services from admission through discharge. Evaluates patient satisfaction and quality of care provided.
5. Communicates with physicians at regular intervals throughout hospitalization and develops an effective working relationship. Assists physicians in maintaining appropriate cost, case and desired patient outcomes.
6. Responsible for the coordination of health care decisions by using a systematic approach to assure treatment plans that improve quality and outcomes.
7. Working with the complex care needs.
- Licensed RN or LPN with 2 years case management experience.
- Experience in insurance-based case management REQUIRED. Previous computer experience, particularly with the use of Microsoft Office is required.
Thorough knowledge of case management principles, healthcare management and reimbursement.
Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payor specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines.
Assertive and persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), action oriented.
Ability to convey medical terms and treatment plans so they are understood by patients and their caregivers.
Excellent organizational, record keeping, and time management skills.
Astute problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task.
Compassionate and empathetic demeanor with the ability to work both independently and in a group/team environment.
- 12-hour shifts (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM)
- Minimum 1-year nursing experience required.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Sign-on bonuses!! (for RN’s & LPN’s)
Dietary aides perform a variety of tasks in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to patients/residents and other special events.
- Responsible for set-up, breakdown, and sanitation of food, and non-food items for patient meal services.
- Approximately 20-22 hours per week (4-5 shifts/week).
- 3:30PM-7:30PM (weekdays/weekends).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have food handlers card, or obtain it within 30-days of hire.
- Previous experience working in a food service department or a kitchen is preferred.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Nurse Manager, for this Skilled Nursing Unit, manages and is responsible for his/her Unit on a 24 hour basis.
- Evaluates job performance, resolves employees issues, and administers discipline when necessary for all employees of his/her assigned units.
- Responsible for the quality of work, the productivity of the group, the morale of the group, the expense for the area, and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The Nurse Manager will be expected to provide hands on patient care on his/her units to participate in QI activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- RN degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Five years of staff experience, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- This position collaborates with the nursing and medical staff in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating wound care.
- Routinely provides specialized nursing care and education to residents requiring wound care.
- Monitors the wound care provided by nursing staff for adequacy and appropriateness.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Performs resident assessments.
- Administers medications, treatments, therapies and assists physicians with examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of professional nursing.
- Ability to communicate and relate to residents with communication deficits in a therapeutic manner.
- Knowledge of Pharmacology.
- Possess leadership abilities.
- A thorough working knowledge of wound care, assessment planning, implementation and evaluation.
- A current license to practice as a LPN in the Commonwealth of VA.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of one year in direct wound care.
Full Time: 8am-4pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Training and Experience Requirements
The Admissions Coordinator facilitates the admission function with responsibility for the transition of patient referrals to admissions with verification of accurate financial information and prompt communication with all stakeholders in the admission process.
* Admissions-related experience in long term/skilled nursing care.
* Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance procedures required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High degree of professionalism.
* Working knowledge of computer and software applications.
Candidate must have long-term care admissions experience and/or be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
Continue reading →
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for: Supervision of all activities of patient care and of service during their shift. Supporting the staff who are providing patient care to assure efficient clinical care of patient throughout and operational aspects of LTACH (2E-2W-3E) Interacting with family members, physicians, providers, ancillary departments, and other departments involved with care of patients. Formulate plan of care upon admission, review orders and update plan of care when there is a change in patient condition and treatment. Review plan of care monthly./>REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Nursing or a related field.
- valid Virginia RN license and be in good standing with the VA Board of Nursing – BSN preferred .
- The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with physicians.
- Critical thinking ability essential.
- Strong critical care skills, understanding of medical documentation.
Continue reading →
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours