Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
Department: Quality Development
Seeking an experienced, energetic and dedicated LPN to serve as part of a dynamic team. The selected candidate will:
* Actively assists in the presentation of mandatory programs to nursing personnel and hospital-wide employees as appropriate.
* Actively participates in physician consultations.
* Coordinates all employee health programs.
* Participates in the new employee orientation program.
* Is responsible for the overall operation of the CPR certification program.
* Maintains professional standards by participating in inservice and staff meetings.
* Patient testing.
Education/Special Skills Required:
* Must have exceptional customer service skills.
* Must possess exemplary documentation and record keeping skills.
* Must possess valid license to practice practical nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* 5 years practical nursing experience required.
Continue reading →
Dietary aides perform a variety of tasks in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to patients/residents and other special events.
- Responsible for set-up, breakdown, and sanitation of food, and non-food items for patient meal services.
- Approximately 20-22 hours per week (4-5 shifts/week).
- 3:30PM-7:30PM (weekdays/weekends).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have food handlers card, or obtain it within 30-days of hire.
- Previous experience working in a food service department or a kitchen is preferred.
The Staff Development Educator functions under the direction and guidance of the Director of Staff Development. The incumbent serves as a consultant, charge agent, and facilitator in assessing learning needs and in planning, implementing, and evaluating educational activities for hospital staff. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the needs of residents of all ages in a long term care setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Participates in the formulation of the philosophy and objectives for the Staff Development Department.
Collaborates with managers and staff to assess learning needs.
Plans and implements educational activities to meet identified learning needs, utilizing adult learning principles and strategies.
Plans and implements orientation for all newly hired Nursing personnel.
Develops and utilizes appropriate evaluation systems to determine effectiveness of educational activities.
Ensures proper documentation which reflects educational activities.
Promotes and demonstrates collaborative relationships among health care professionals.
Participates in committees, task forces, meetings, and activities to assist in the development of staff, ultimately resulting in the improvement of patient/resident care.
Participates in activities that promote professional development through education and other activities that enhance the practice of nursing education.
Functions as a liaison with area schools of nursing (RN, LPN, CNA).Continue reading →
- Ensures the care and proper use of hand and power tools and building materials intended for the repair of valuable plant equipment including piping, controls and the operation of institutional electrical systems.
- Performs the installation and maintenance of all electrical wiring, devices, and components common to building operations.
- Operates, installs, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment such as emergency generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit protection, motors, lighting, conduit systems, and other current carrying equipment.
- Utilizes blueprints and specifications. Locates and diagnoses electrical troubles.
- Estimates loads, requirements and materials for repairs and installations.
- Performs general building maintenance, repairs, moves, or other work related to building operations, as determined by the manager.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Master Electrician’s license required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Graduate of a High school or technical school, and apprenticeship.
- Three to five years experience in industrial or institutional maintenance, or institutional construction.
- Familiarity with mechanical and electrical equipment associated with healthcare facilities, blueprint reading, and electrical materials estimating.
- Valid, unencumbered driver’s license required.
- Basic familiarity with computers.
- May require occasional weekends.
Continue reading →
- 12-hour shifts (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM)
- Minimum 1-year nursing experience required.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Sign-on bonuses!! (for RN’s & LPN’s)
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours