Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
- Performs a variety of non-clinical and ancillary services.
- Clerical support and related unit support functions.
- Facilitating effective communication with inter/intradepartmental personnel to maintain an efficient, and organized nursing station.
- Writing and printing skills are legible.
- Experience in medical terminology, and proficient in computers and typing.
- Assist in maintaining medical record accuracy and integrity.
- Able to perform general receptionist duties.
- Monday through Friday schedule.
- 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Thorough and working knowledge of medical terminology.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in hospital (acute care) or pharmacy setting.
Continue reading →
Work performed on site
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year experience transcribing physician med/surg dictation in an acute care setting and 1 year related experience in Health Information Management, and/or successful completion of a Medical Transcription program.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent transcription skills. Able to work independently; good time-management skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills; solid PC skills; able to problem solve some common computer and telecommunication problems. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, sign and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values. Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Perform transcription/editing of all dictated reports, whether randomly or specifically assigned.
- Consistently meet specified turnaround requirements and maintain production levels consistent with skill level and past performance.
- Properly identifies/flags dictation issues to designated person to address.
- Assures all reports are transcribed accurately by utilizing reference material appropriately.
- Provide appropriate customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist other Transcriptionists with difficult dictations.
- Ensure confidentiality of medical record information according to Federal/State laws.
- Coordinate with other HIS staff on status of dictated reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. required
- Transcription course completion or course work to include anatomy and physiology and medical transcription preferred.
The Admissions Coordinator facilitates the admission function with responsibility for the transition of patient referrals to admissions with verification of accurate financial information and prompt communication with all stakeholders in the admission process.
* Admissions-related experience in long term/skilled nursing care.
* Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance procedures required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High degree of professionalism.
* Working knowledge of computer and software applications.
Candidate must have long-term care admissions experience and/or be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
Must have unencumbered Virginia – RN/LPN license
* Full Time
Continue reading →
Dietary aides perform a variety of tasks in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to patients/residents and other special events.
- Responsible for set-up, breakdown, and sanitation of food, and non-food items for patient meal services..
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have food handlers card, or obtain it within 30-days of hire.
- Previous experience working in a food service department or a kitchen is preferred.
Full & Part Time available
Weekdays & Weekends
- Maintains all heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in a safe and proper working order
- Writes programs for, and performs preventive maintenance on all hospital equipment in the Physical Plant.
- Performs emergency service when necessary.
- High school graduate
- Post-high school training in the HVAC field is essential.
- Two years of specific HVAC experience is required; four years preferred.
Works under the supervision of the Information Systems/Communications Director. Seeking individual with excellent technical skills and great communication for full-time position in small IT shop.. Configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of workstations, printers, network switches, servers, central clocks, power systems, firewalls, electronic signs, phones, copiers, CCTV, network wiring and more. Research and documentation of processes. End-user and co-worker assistance for a variety of applications, including office automation. Upgrading, testing, imaging, and roll-out of various types of Linux systems. Experience in Linux required with proficiency in Python and BASH scripting highly desired. BS in computer-field preferred (with possible experience substitution) and ability to learn quickly and autonomously. Skills testing required.Continue reading →
Works under the supervision of the Health Information Direct. A highly skilled and knowledgeable professional employee responsible for performing specialized functions within the coding unit of the Health Information Management Department.
Essential Job Duties
*Analyzes documented patient care information.
*Identifies all pertinent codes that describe the patient’s condition and treatments.
*Codes all diagnosed and procedures having bearing on the case and sequences the codes to define the chronology of the case.
*Works with medical staff to ensure accuracy and validation of codes.
*Collects and maintains data for the disease indices, admission system and patient care system.
*Keeps confidential all patient-identifiable information.
- Working under the supervision of the Director of Recreation, the incumbent will be responsible for assigned case load of patients which include ventilator dependent, chronic disease, long term care pediatrics, and other medically complex patients.
*This will include for the case load: completing assessments, care planning, attending care plan meetings, providing appropriate individualized recreation interventions either 1:1 or in group settings, completing required documentation in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program of Therapeutic Recreation is required.
- Must be CTRS certified, or CTRS eligible at the time of hire.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Current valid Virginia Driver’s License is required.
- One year of experience in a long term care or sub-acute facility’s Therapeutic Recreation department is desirable, however, will train the right person.
- LPN with current VA nursing license in good standing.
- Recent experience as a wound care nurse in a healthcare environment
- Excellent assessment and clinical skills
- Should be familiar with wound care procedures including assessments, measurements, treatment protocols, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with the nursing team
- Should be able to communicate wound progress to the Charge Nurse and attending physician as needed
- Solid work history
- Current VA LPN license required
- Previous experience required
- Current BCLS certification
- Minimum 1-2 years Acute Care or Skilled Nursing care experience
- 2 years Advanced Wound Care nursing experience.
- Wound Care certification preferred.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Nurse Manager, for this Acute Care Nursing Unit, manages and is responsible for his/her Unit on a 24 hour basis.
- Evaluates job performance, resolves employees issues, and administers discipline when necessary for all employees of his/her assigned units.
- Responsible for the quality of work, the productivity of the group, the morale of the group, the expense for the area, and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The Nurse Manager will be expected to provide hands on patient care on his/her units to participate in QI activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- RN degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Five years of staff experience, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
Sign on Bonus $5000 !
Job Type: Full-time
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours