Join the Lake Taylor Team
We are always looking for caring, qualified, talented professionals who share our commitment to the well-being of our patients and our community. Here’s where you’ll find a listing of all open positions as well as our online application.
To be considered for this position, we require a completed application. You are welcome to send a resume to accompany your application, but an application is required. To access our online application, please visit: www.laketaylor.org/careers
- Candidate will perform the following duties:
- Making beds
- Assist in feeding residents
- Fill water pitchers
- Transport patients/residents to scheduled activities and appointments
- Full-time position
Hours: 7am-3pm to include weekends
- High School Diploma, or GED equivalency is preferred.
- At least one year of successful work experience, regardless of setting is preferred.
- No specific experience is required.
- A sincere passion for quality customer service
- Must be available weekends.
- LTTCH promotes a drug free workplace through its “Drug, Alcohol and Other Prohibited Items: policy. Applicants, employees and other covered persons are subject to the provisions of this policy, including drug testing as a pre-employment requirement.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- Secures required signatures on documents; explains hospital regulations and policies; verifies insurance coverage; provides the Medical Record’s office with all necessary paperwork; and obtains a Medical Records Number.
- Verifies receipt of required paperwork, and arranges for the receipt of missing paperwork. Types and distributes care plan for newly admitted Nursing Facility residents.
- Secures the department director’s signature on all appropriate financial documents.
- Prepares and distributes an admissions packet to all appropriate parties within the hospital.
- Provides information concerning facility services via telephone, mailing of literature, and Hospital tours to prospective patients, and/or representatives, as required.
High School graduate.
Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance payor sources.
Exceptional communications and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
Work performed on site
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year experience transcribing physician med/surg dictation in an acute care setting and 1 year related experience in Health Information Management, and/or successful completion of a Medical Transcription program.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent transcription skills. Able to work independently; good time-management skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills; solid PC skills; able to problem solve some common computer and telecommunication problems. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, sign and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values. Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Perform transcription/editing of all dictated reports, whether randomly or specifically assigned.
- Consistently meet specified turnaround requirements and maintain production levels consistent with skill level and past performance.
- Properly identifies/flags dictation issues to designated person to address.
- Assures all reports are transcribed accurately by utilizing reference material appropriately.
- Provide appropriate customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist other Transcriptionists with difficult dictations.
- Ensure confidentiality of medical record information according to Federal/State laws.
- Coordinate with other HIS staff on status of dictated reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. required
- Transcription course completion or course work to include anatomy and physiology and medical transcription preferred.
Working under the supervision of the Hospital Administrator, the Director of Foundation provides professional cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
*Lead and direct the Foundation’s fund raising and development activities.
*Establish a capital campaign.
*Manage all corporate solicitations and grant submissions.
*Oversee and implement strategies that will increase revenue.
*Write proposals and secure grants and funding from corporate donors and foundations.
Marketing experience and expertise.
Knowledge of traditional methods and annual giving (direct mail, benefit events etc).
Knowledge of planned giving and ability to present to select clientele.
Perform general management responsibilities, including annual plans, budgets, reports, and evaluation ad oversight of gift tracking systems.
Written and oral communication skills and experience in grant and proposal writing.
Organizational skills, including the ability to set, maintain and meet deadlines
Works with all levels of management and staff; and the community at large
Is able to represent the hospital well in all settings.
Knowledgeable of IRS guidelines for non-profit organizations.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have five years major fund raising experience.
- Marketing experience and expertise preferred.
Works under the supervision of the Director of Admissions/UR to develop improve, and implement the Hospital’s Utilization Review System, perform case management negotiations with insurance/HMO companies, and perform related work as required by the Director Of Admissions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Conducts timely reviews of all medical applications for admission, consulting with physicians, and other medical personnel as necessary throughout the review process. Performs timely assessments of all new admissions, to determine the appropriateness of the admission, as well as the proposed level of care. Conducts site visits as required to include, but not necessarily be limited to, residential homes, acute care facilities, and other long term care facilities. Functions as the in-house liaison with outside agencies and personnel, as well as with LTH personnel involved in the admission process, so as to facilitate timely admissions of patients/residents to LTH. Functions as the LTH liaison person with Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, and other insurers, so as to provide required documentation for the justification of the level of care for LTH patients/residents. Prepares all of the following in a timely and accurate manner: * Monthly committee reports; and
* All required departmental correspondence relating to utilization management (i.e. appeals to letters of denial). Attends and participates in weekly admissions meetings; monthly medical staff meetings; and quarterly Quality Assurance meetings. Responsible for the following patient/resident chart reviews: * Quarterly for Medicaid patients/residents;
* Monthly for Medicare, and private pay patients/residents;
* Monthly for Hospital-level patients; and
* As required by private insurance carriers/HMO’s.
Maintains individual records containing justification for the level of care, for all residents/patients. Provides documentation (with appropriate notifications) for patients/residents who are determined to be inappropriately placed according to level of care. Provides monthly UR chart reviews to the Medical Records Department. Updates UR worksheets in an appropriate and timely manner. Collects and mails all Control Packets and Discharge Tracking Sheets. Coordinates the semi-annual MDS/PIRS updates. Faxes pre-authorization paperwork for Medicaid applications, readmissions, and Medicare. Negotiates with various insurance carriers, and HMO companies on the admission, and continued stay of all Case Managed patients.
Status: Full Time
License : Current (unencumbered) license issued by the Virginia Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse.Continue reading →
- Operates a PBX console.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all staff, community, physicians, and patients utilizing the phone system, voicemail, pagers as well as the PC.
- Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
- Working every other weekend.
Education/Special Skills Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One to two years experience in customer service related environment.
- PBX and computer experience required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to remember and recall a large quantity of data, i.e. phone numbers, departments, personnel, etc.
Continue reading →
Works under the supervision of the Health Information Direct. A highly skilled and knowledgeable professional employee responsible for performing specialized functions within the coding unit of the Health Information Management Department. Long Term Care experience preferred.
Essential Job Duties
*Analyzes documented patient care information.
*Identifies all pertinent codes that describe the patient’s condition and treatments.
*Codes all diagnosed and procedures having bearing on the case and sequences the codes to define the chronology of the case.
*Works with medical staff to ensure accuracy and validation of codes.
*Collects and maintains data for the disease indices, admission system and patient care system.
*Keeps confidential all patient-identifiable information.
The Floor Team Specialist performs routine floor care, including, but not limited to scrubbing, refinishing and buffing of floor surfaces. Duties are performed under direct supervision and subject to inspection by the Director of Environmental Services.
Must be fully COVID vaccinated.
1. Maintains all floors, i.e., stripping, refinishing and daily maintenan22ce of various floor types and surfaces;
2. Insures that all entrance ways are clean and that they are maintained;
3. Follows cleaning procedures in a safe manner;
4. Completes all assignments as scheduled;
5. Maintains equipment in good working condition and returns it to the proper storage location after use;
- Previous, successful experience in commercial floor care (1yr minimum)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- SCHEDULE: 7AM-3PM
- Must be available weekends
- Status: Full-time
LTTCH promotes a drug free workplace through its “Drug, Alcohol and Other Prohibited Items: policy. Applicants, employees and other covered persons are subject to the provisions of this policy, including drug testing as a pre-employment requirement.
Continue reading →
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Nurse Manager, for this Acute Care Nursing Unit, manages and is responsible for his/her Unit on a 24 hour basis.
- Evaluates job performance, resolves employees issues, and administers discipline when necessary for all employees of his/her assigned units.
- Responsible for the quality of work, the productivity of the group, the morale of the group, the expense for the area, and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The Nurse Manager will be expected to provide hands on patient care on his/her units to participate in QI activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- RN degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Five years of staff experience, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
Sign on Bonus $6000 !
Job Type: Full-time
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing. Is responsible for assuring that the Nursing Department policies, procedures and standards of care are enforced. Assures that quality services and productivity is at the highest level during his/her tour of duty. Acts as a resource person to Head Nurses and Charge Nurses. Assumes responsibility for the overall supervision of the entire facility during off hours and weekends. Acts decisively during emergency and critical situations.
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated
- Every other weekend
- Days 7am-7pm
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Lake Taylor team. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and someone will contact you soon. Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Pay In All Job Categories
- Time Off Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Tax-Sheltered Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Shifts
- Flexible Hours