Lake Taylor Foundation
Supporting Lake Taylor’s Tradition of Exceptional Care
The Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital Foundation facilitates and promotes charitable investment in support of the Hospital’s mission to provide a continuum of patient care ranging from long-term acute care hospital services to skilled and intermediate nursing care.
Created in 2004, the 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization is governed by a board made up of business, civic and medical leaders from throughout the region appointed by the Hospital’s Board of Commissioners. Through the steady stewardship of the funds contributed by the Hospital, and charitable gifts received from patients, families, and the community, we support the mission of the Hospital and enhance patient experiences.
Serving our community for over 130 years – see what we’re all about.
Lake Taylor Foundation Board establishes a joint Palliative Care program with EVMS.
- Palliative Care Program Support
- Ventilator Equipment
- Live Harp Music and Interactive Companion Pets for Patients
- Specialized Beds, Respiratory Equipment and Toys for the Pediatric Unit
- Wheelchair Washing Machine and Wheelchair Recliners for Dental Clinic and Hair Salon
- Courtyard and Playroom Renovations
- Rehabilitation Gym Equipment
- Mobile X-Ray Equipment
- Patient Room Furniture and Fixtures
(From left) Joan Brock, philanthropist, Macon F. Brock Palliative Care Medicine Program; Tom Orsini, President/CEO, Lake Taylor Hospital; Dr. Mian Zeeshan Munir, 2022-23 EVMS Hospice & Palliative Care Medicine Fellow; and Dr. Marissa Galicia-Castillo, Medical Director.
Board of Directors
The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets quarterly, the second Wednesday of: February, May, August, & November at 8:00 A.M. in the North Classroom.
David E. Moore — Vice Chair
TBD — Treasurer
Stephanie J. Dickens — Secretary
Calvin A. Durham, D. Min.
Willette LeHew, M.D.
Edward L. Lilly, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Thomas J. Orsini — Ex-Officio Member
Deborah B. Bauman — Ex-Officio Member
Anita O. Poston
George W. Ricks
J. Scott Wheeler
Kenneth W. Wren, Jr.
Make a Donation
We invite you to support our mission and bring innovative medical resources to those that we serve – wherever the need is greatest. Your charitable donation will:
- Provide access to much-needed care to those who may not receive it otherwise,
- Help fund the advanced technology and equipment that build strength, health, and improve quality of life, and
- Ensure access to ongoing and certifications, continuing education, and training for our medical, professional and support staff.
Together we can do great things for South Hampton Roads and those in need.
Ways to Give
Memorial/Honor Gifts – Pay tribute to a loved one who has benefitted from care at Lake Taylor.
Annual Fund Gifts – Provide critical support where the need is greatest.
Planned Gifts and Estate Planning – Build a lasting legacy with deferred gifts that maximize the impact to Lake Taylor and may also provide you with important tax benefits.